I want to be really awesome

So the answer to all of life and the universe and everything is simple, right? To be happy. That is the purpose. And not fake happy or shallow happy or lame happy, like really deeply satisfied in your heart happy. For me the biggest obstacle is my obsession with the future. I want to be really awesome someday.

What does this mean? I have absolutely no idea, I just feel this little animal inside of me saying over and over again "you are meant to do great things". That puts a lot of pressure on a person. What if what I'm doing isn't good enough? What if I am not doing the right things to be on my way to do those great things?

The secret is, that happiness is right there waiting for us in the now. It's so hard to sit here and say to yourself, "Oh hello now, I forgot, Happiness is here" and then embrace it and feel it.

We're all told that happiness is not at the end of our road, but it is the journey we are on. Yet it is so hard to grasp, it feels like a wisp of smoke just constantly curling between our fingers.

And then there is the resentment that you really do get when you catch on to that little piece of happiness. People actually throw negative energy at you by saying things like "why are YOU so happy, what do YOU have to be happy about"... it's as if we're all programmed to need someone to tell us, "ok you can be happy today", or that life is a competition to see who has it the hardest.

Well I'm sick of that bull-crap and I'm living with an open heart and open mind, ready to breathe in that happiness as it is, just here ready and waiting for me.

Comments

Popular Posts