Skyward Geek Out




Yes, I have much more important things to blog about, like my graduation, my job search, my trip to Hawaii, and the 20 stitches (minus two...oops) that I currently have holding my body together, but I can't help it. I need this post so I can purge my utter-inner-Geek-Princess so that it doesn't fester and grow into permanent all out extro-verted-geek-monsterness....



Just heard from E3 news that the new Zelda game is finally planned to be released this holiday season. "Skyward Sword" thankfully continues the more realistic style that I appreciated in Zelda's Nintentdo 64 through Game Cube era minus "Wind Waker". Unfortunately, I see now that Link, our slightly-feminine-fairy-boy-hero, is now wearing MANLY PANtS! WTF? Link is known for wearing a tunic and peter-pan tights! His voice is also a tinge on the more baritone side, leaving my 25 year girl-next-door crush on fairy-boy Link feeling very confused (yes, I have loved him since the very day I was born...what does that say about me? I'm not sure, but maybe that is a topic for other blogger exploration...).

The realistic look works for me better on these larger-game-system formats. The toon-shaded, chibi-Link works great for the Nintendo DS format, on which I am currently playing "Spirit Tracks", ("Phantom Hourglass" was fun, but WTH was up with that gee-golly-darned temple you had to play 20 times!?!?! So annoying.)



While the trailer for the game looks pretty standard for Zelda games... (albeit, not enough rainbows and sparkles for this sparkle rainbow pony...), reviews so far have been positive. Doesn't matter though, nothing could stop me from getting my hands on every "Zelda" game ever.

*doh* and now he's right handed as well!? Does that mean I have to flip the controls over?

Ok. Geek out over.

Comments

  1. Hey Jenny, thanks for stopping by. Yep, it sure is great to just get back to hard core basics and really get your head around them :)
    You got some really nice art work here, let me know if you upload your demo reel, I'd like to take a look.

    Good luck with the job hunt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts