100 Days of Miracles



Miracles, Momentum, Milestones, Movement.
Welp, today is the last of 100 days of my self prescribed challenge to focus on miracles. I don't know how my life would be right now if I hadn't taken on this challenge, but I am so glad that I did because I think I really needed it. When I started this I was unemployed, quite ill all the time, and very stuck. ME feels like the definition of loss of momentum on a sickly cellular level.

Since then I found the perfect job (even though on paper it isn't what I dreamed of, it meets absolutely every criteria I needed and wanted to move into a reintegration phase), I took a trip to Paris with my love and met my sister, brother in law, and adorable nephew there, I've greatly improved my physical endurance capacity, and I've managed to come back to a baseline both in my energy and emotional health through some interesting and pretty trying times that have also come up.
With the focus on miracles my overall basic level of contentment and peace has increased greatly over the last 100 days.  I really struggle with overwhelm and anxiety, and knowing that I had a very clear intention every day to focus on the miracle (a change in perspective towards alignment with joy), I knew I could always steer towards that to make me feel better.

The Fairy Godmother said to Cinderella, Even Miracles take Time. This is true, it sometimes takes more time than you think and sometimes less, either to just feel a little better or to accomplish a major goal that you have.  On a day to day level, if I hit a rough spot, my miracle focus was just on feeling a little better. It usually came down to realizing I was safe, and that I had plenty of time.  On a longer scale the miracle came down to things like saving for and planning my trip to Paris, and being fully focused on making sure I could do that because I knew with all my heart that I wanted it.

(Made it to the Palace of Versaille! Here with my sister!)
Focusing on Miracles has returned the momentum to my life. There is nothing worse than feeling stuck, and although focusing on Miracles has not made everything perfect or wonderful every day, it has kept things moving forward. I always knew in an uncomfortable moment that things would shift and evolve and move, and that gave me great stability in the moment.  Focusing on Miracles has allowed me to love the life unfolding before me.
As Martha Beck said, "New Age dabblers insist that if they can just focus their mind on a huge house and a career as a movie star, they’ll “manifest” what they want. These methods try to force reality to cooperate with the small imagination of our personalities. It doesn’t work. A wayfinder’s Imagination doesn’t dominate reality. It feels into Oneness, falls in love with “what wants to happen,” and gives itself to the vision created by that love." 

Some resources I used to inspire me on my 100 days of miracles:
-A Journal to write a few words or a few pages or a few novels of ideas you have each day focused on miracles. Goals, mantras, dreams, anything to keep your creative mind focused on a perspective of Love.
-Meditation. Right now I"m in the midst of 21 days with the Chopra Center (Free of course!) . This is not easy to do every day but I am so glad every time I do it. It's like going to the gym but relaxing... (Same with yoga, but I haven't been as good with that since I've been walking 20 miles a week!)
-These Books:

A Return to Love: Miracles 101, how to change your life by choosing a shift in perspective, and how to receive more eternal love.
Full Catastrophe Living: On audio book it's great for helping you fall asleep!!! Jon Kabat-Zinn has such wonderful examples on how to live in the moment in a real life way.


Finding your Way in a Wild New World: Martha Beck is my idol for life, and this book is hugely delicious and wonderful to me in every way, and I hope to live my life by it.
 Ask and it is Given: A bit on the far end of new-age out there thinking, but I take it with a grain of salt and take the parts that sound good and fun. Abraham Hicks on You Tube has entertained me for hours on end.
Light, Love, and healing always,
 Jenny

The power is YOURS!!!

Comments

Popular Posts