Tips and Tricks for Sofa Heroes Day 8: A Little's Enough

It's tough enough being sick. Help the OHC bring their practice to NHS patients.
Day 8: A Little's Enough.

I got sick in 2006. That same year I was listening to a new band called Angels & Airwaves on repeat. Their song, "A Little's Enough" has been a mantra of mine on my journey ever since.

The lyric goes: "The cure is if you let in just a little more love, I promise you this, a little's enough."
This line opened a pinhole light of hope in my heart that kept me moving forward, one step at a time.



We've completed a week of learning new lifestyle tips for when you're struggling with chronic illness. I want to take today to recognize you for everything you've already done, and tell you it's normal if you're frustrated and want to give up when things get hard.  If you're overwhelmed, just remember, "A Little's Enough". Just one step, one change can start a momentum to lead to new things to help you feel better. Just a little hope can make all the difference.

When I first started my elimination diet I cried at the grocery store at least 3 times.

You're sick. Every day. In pain, feeling awful, and if you're like me everything has changed - your relationships, your career, your life plans, your finances, your basic understanding of how life worked and what was important - and now you're being asked to give up your favorite foods and spend your precious energy learning about an entirely new hippie dippy lifestyle?!!

Give yourself permission to be frustrated and overwhelmed (I'll be offering tips in future posts on how to deal with tough times).

Today, a little's enough.



Thanks to reader Lesley for letting me know about her "sloths" <3

Do you have a favorite mantra, song, or story that helps you through tough days? Let me know in the comments!

If you feel so moved to help The OHC bring an integrated approach to more ME/CFS patients, Click Here to Donate to the Optimum Health Clinic Foundation

Go to Day 1: What ME Feels Like and About This Challenge!
Go to Day 2: Gentle Movement
Go to Day 3: Meditation
Go to Day 4: Protein and Plant Power!
Go to Day 5: Sleep

Comments

  1. I'm loving your blog, Jenny, something to look forward to reading each day. And I'm chuffed with the little mention in today's post :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts